Saturday, November 11, 2006

I Will Fall Asleep to You


Sometimes I get extraordinarily lonely. I know this is a feeling nearly anyone can relate to; everyone will be alone at some point or other in their life.

Music has always been a great way for me to augment my depression. In my younger years, I would listen to emo whenever I got sick of life. Angsty teenagers and emo seem to go hand in hand. As my taste in music has changed, however, I have found myself shying away from so-called 'emo' music. I won't get into why; nearly all of us have made up our minds one way or the other over that genre of music.

To me, other genres seem to evoke more emotion than emo; bands should not have to write lame angst-ridden lyrics to evoke emotion. In my search for something . . different . . I came across 65daysofstatic. Most classify 65daysofstatic as part of the realm of post-rock. That is, [generally] instrumental music in which instruments traditionally used in rock music are used in unconventional ways.

65daysofstatic imparts a sense of frantic uneasiness. It's what keeps me coming back for more. After hearing the first track on the album I will often sit mesmerized until the album has finished playing. I can't recommend the band enough.



MP3s:

65daysofstatic - Drove Through Ghosts To Get Here
65daysofstatic - Mean Low Water

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"Drove through ghosts to get here," at least the beginning is very reminiscent of the 28 Days Later soundtrack.